Purchasing property in Telangana involves a crucial step – the property registration process. This essential process ensures the legal transfer of property rights and comes with its set of requirements and charges, as governed by Section 17 of the Registration Act 1908. Property registration is mandatory in Telangana for properties valued at more than Rs 100. It is required wherever the sale and purchase of immovable property is involved.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the property registration process in Telangana, covering the necessary documents, registration fees, and stamp duty calculations. If a property is not registered in the buyer’s name in the government records in Telangana, they will not be the official owner of the property, and they cannot challenge it in court in case of any dispute. Searching for a desired property might be easy these days, but understanding and completing the property registration process in Telangana is essential to ensure a smooth and legally compliant property transaction.
Documents Required for Property Registration in Hyderabad
Before setting out to the sub-registrar’s office for property registration, you need to prepare all the necessary documents. The list includes:
- Original Documents: Ensure all parties involved have signed the original documents.
- Encumbrance Certificate: A certificate indicating whether the property is free from any legal claims.
- Demand Draft/Bank Challan: Proof of full stamp duty payment.
- Property Card: Documentation of property details.
- Section 32A Photo Form: Photos of executants and witnesses.
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar card, PAN card, and other identity documents.
- Power of Attorney: If applicable.
- Address Proof: Proof of address for the buyer.
- Photograph of the Property’s Exterior: Visual documentation.
- Pattadar Passbook: In case of agricultural land.
Property Registration Fee in Hyderabad
The property owner must pay several fees during the registration process. These include:
- Stamp Duty: Varied rates based on the type of property transaction.
- Transfer Duty: Applicable in certain cases.
- Registration Fee: A fee for the registration process.
Stamp Duty and Registration Charges in Hyderabad
The stamp duty and registration charges depend on the nature of the property transaction:
- Sale of Apartment/Flat (Semi-furnished): Stamp duty – 4%, Transfer duty – 1.5%, Registration fee – 0.5%.
- Sale Agreement with Possession: Stamp duty – 4%, Transfer duty – 0 (none), Registration fee – 0.5% (minimum Rs 5,000, maximum Rs 20,000).
- Sale Agreement without Possession: Stamp duty – 0.5%, Transfer duty – 0 (none), Registration fee – 0.5% (minimum Rs 5,000, maximum Rs 20,000).
- Sale Agreement-cum-GPA: Stamp duty – 5%, Transfer duty – 0 (none), Registration fee – Rs 2,000.
- Will: Stamp duty – 0, Transfer duty – 0, Registration fee – Rs 1,000.
House Registration Process in Hyderabad
The house registration process in Hyderabad involves a combination of online and offline steps. Initially, a login ID must be created on the Telangana Property Registration Portal. Once done all documents required for land registration must be uploaded online on it, and the stamp duty and registration fee are to be paid as well. Subsequently, the parties visit the sub-registrar’s office to complete the registration process, a thumb impression will be collected and a document number will be provided to you. Finally, the land registration documents will be scanned and uploaded to the portal for the user to access.
How To Check the Market Value of Land In Hyderabad
To determine the market value of land in Hyderabad, follow these steps:
- Start by visiting the Dharani portal, then select the ‘Agriculture’ option.
- Next, click on ‘View Market Value of Lands for Stamp Duty,’ which will take you to a different page.
- In the drop-down menu, make your selections for the district, Mandal, village, town, and survey number. Afterwards, click ‘Fetch.’
- The screen will then display the market value.
Property registration in Telangana is a vital step in ensuring the legal transfer of property rights. Understanding the necessary documents, fees, and calculations can help streamline the process and provide clarity for both buyers and sellers. By following these guidelines, you can navigate the property registration process in Hyderabad with confidence and ease.