Homes are getting smarter and tech-savvy in India with every passing year, thanks to great advances in technology we are now able to completely revolutionize the art that goes into building modern homes. Nowadays, people tend to buy modern home appliances and gadgets to either replace older products or to have a greater user-friendly experience. Many of these gadgets come with artificial intelligence and accurate reasoning methods that simplify daily menial tasks and I have noticed; people of all ages are preferring the new gadgets comparatively over a wide margin.
To further simplify the availability of a few of these cool gadgets and technologies, they are listed below:
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat – It works well with Amazon’s Alexa and claims to save homeowners an average of 23 percent annually. It can tell when someone’s home and which rooms are occupied. It can also give you an accurate description of the current temperature of the entire house and provides solutions by adjusting the temperature automatically (this feature can later be manually disabled as well).
- Nest Protect – It is essentially a smoke and carbon monoxide detector. It will test for low batteries and communicate with other Nest devices in a home. It can tell you where the problem is and uses two wavelengths of light to look for both fast and slow-burning fires.
- Sonos Wireless Speaker System – Sonos wireless speakers allow you to stream music in any room with these speakers and works great with Amazon’s Alexa. The set is fairly simple: just plug it in, download the free app and connect it to your WiFi network. It makes entertaining easier and doesn’t require a bunch of wiring work in your ceiling.
- Google Home – The most common and reputed device out of all the devices, Google Home is a line of smart speakers that are developed under the Google Nest Brand by Google itself. The devices enable users to speak voice commands to interact with all exclusive services through Google Assistant, the company’s virtual assistant. There are many different kinds of services integrated like allowing users to listen to music, control playback of videos or photos, or receive news updates entirely by voice. Google Nest devices also have integrated support for home automation, letting users control smart home appliances with their voice command.
- Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator – Another common product feature which everyone seems to have a keen interest in, It features a touchscreen system and apps that are easy-to-use, and has a camera feed to help you track contents. The refrigerator comes in three unique designs.
- Amazon Alexa – It is a virtual assistant AI technology developed by Amazon, first used in the Amazon Echo smart speakers. It is capable of setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audiobooks, voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, and providing weather, traffic, sports, and other real-time information, such as news. Alexa can also control several smart devices using itself as a home automation system.